| POLICIES |
First Day of Class Bring:
* Payment for class. The fees can be paid in 1 to 3 payments over the course of the three weeks. If you choose the 3 payment plan, 1/3 is due each Monday
* First day arrive 20 minutes early if you haven't completed your enrollment form.
* Students have 180 days (6 months) to complete the course (driving and make up classes).
* $35.00 for missed in-car lessons 24 hour notice required for Tuesday-Saturday drive times.
Sunday, Monday and holiday drive times must be cancelled the previous business day. Example: Sunday
drive time must be cancelled by 9:00 a.m. Friday.
* $30.00 for returned checks
* $35.00 for issuance of duplicate certificate
* $35.00 fee may be charged if parent arrives 15 minutes late for the 7:00 class or drive time or a weekend drive time
* Replacement/repair charge for intentional damage in the school
A full refund will be made to any student who cancels before midnight of the second day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays, after the enrollment contract is signed by the prospective student (or parent), unless the student has completed and accepted a certificate of completion during that period.
1) Refund computations will be based on actual instruction received through the last day of attendance.
2) The effective date of the termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the the following:
a) The last day of attendance, if the student is terminated by the school
b) The date of receipt of written notice from the student
3) If tuition is collected in advance of entrance and, if after the expiration of the 48-hour cancellation privilege, the student does not enter school, terminates enrollment, or withdraws, the school may retain up to $50 as administrative expenses and, from the remainder, shall refund that portion of the classroom tuition and fees and behind-the-wheel tuition and fees for services not previously received by the student.
4) Refunds for items of extra expense to the student, including instructional supplies, books, laboratory fees, service charges, rentals, deposits and all other such ancillary miscellaneous charges will be made within 30 days after the effective date of enrollment termination, if these items are stated separately and shown as part of the data furnished the student before enrollment.
5) A full refund of all tuition and fees is due and refundable in each of the following cases:
a) When an enrollee is not accepted by the school
b) If the course of instruction is cancelled by the school
c) If the student's enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional
materials of the school, or misrepresentation of the school.
6) Refunds shall be completed within 30 days after the effective date of termination.
A student may be dismissed or barred from the classroom and in-car instruction for:
a) Tardiness, students will not be allowed into class after 10 minutes (State of Texas rule, not ours.)
b) Drunkenness or consumption of alcohol on the premises
c) Rude, vulgar or disruptive behavior in the classroom or car
d) Smoking in the classroom or car
e) Being generally inattentive (sleeping, reading, etc) during class
Students dismissed or barred from the classroom and in-car instruction for violating rules of conduct may be admitted at the discretion of the school director.
Rules of Operation:
1) The school does not guarantee the student a driver's license
2) The school reserves the right to reschedule a lesson (including classroom instruction) or to make available to the student an alternate instructor or car in the event of inclement weather, unavailability of the instructor, or any other factor beyond the school's control.
3) The school is prohibited from issuing a certificate of completion if the student has not met all of the requirements for course completion.
4) Gulf Coast Driving Academy maintains business vehicle insurance as required by the Transportation Code, Chapter 601, and uninsured or underinsured coverage